As we may all know by now, Tropical Storm Idalia is rapidly gaining strength and is expected to escalate into a dangerous Category 3 hurricane as it approaches Florida’s west coast. Flagler County is expected to see wind and rain impacts.
The Palm Coast-Flagler Regional Chamber of Commerce is in close contact with the Flagler County Emergency Operations Center (EOC). The Chamber is an important connection for you and your colleagues before, during and after a natural disaster. We will have the latest information directly from the EOC, and can provide our members with updates, answer questions and help solve problems.
With soon-to-be Hurricane Idalia approaching, we wanted to share with you the latest update from our August 28th, 6 p.m. EOC meeting:
- Governor Ron DeStantis today declared a State of Emergency for Flagler County via Executive Order.
- Idalia wind impacts in Flagler County are currently expected to exceed 50 MPH, with noticeable wind beginning Wednesday morning (8/30) and concluding Wednesday evening, but this forecast is subject to change/intensification.
- Idalia rain impacts in Flagler County are currently expected to be in the 1-3 inches range, with possible localized flooding.
- Flagler County Government has opened sandbag locations. Click here for the locations and times.
- No evacuation orders have been given in Flagler County, yet.
Resources Available to Chamber Members:
- Comprehensive FAQ for Employers on Hurricanes and Other Workplace Disasters from FisherPhillips – Click Here.
- Interactive Disaster Planning Toolkit – Click Here
- Steps to Protect & Prepare Your Business – Click Here
- Membership Directory – Click Here
We will have another email update on Idalia tomorrow. Please review our website or social media channels for the latest information. Stay safe.