This afternoon, the Palm Coast-Flagler Regional Chamber presented its legislative priorities to the Flagler County Legislative Delegation, which includes Senator Travis Hutson and Representative Paul Renner.
Chamber President Greg Blose provided an overview of the new chamber of commerce and shared data the chamber has researched regarding benchmarking the community.
Government Affairs Committee Chair Chelsea Barney, who has helped lead the creation of the chamber’s 2021 Legislative Agenda, outlined the key issues of importance to Flagler’s business community, which includes:
- Support any positive MedNex project issues and oppose any issues that adversely impact MedNex,
- Support COVID-19 initiatives that help Flagler County businesses recover from the global pandemic,
- Support initiatives that promote job growth and median wage growth,
- Support disaster preparedness/response initiatives for businesses,
- Support education and workforce development initiatives that positively impact Flagler County, and
- Support health and wellness initiatives the positively impact Flagler County hospitals and medical professionals. (more priority items forthcoming pending approval of the board).