On Friday, December 4, 2020, the Palm Coast Flagler Regional Chamber Board of Directors approved the first batch of chamber’s 2021 Legislative Priorities. Additional recommendations from the Government Affairs Committee (Chair: Chelsea Barney, 4Cs Trucking and Excavation) will be forthcoming based on continued communication with local governments and community association partners.
The board unanimously approved the following 2021 Legislative Priorities:
- Support any positive MedNex project issues and oppose any issues that adversely impact MedNex,
- Support COVID-19 initiatives that help Flagler County businesses recover from the global pandemic, including any legislation that protects businesses from frivolous COVID-19 lawsuits from customers or employees. The committee also supported any initiative or legislative that provides direct financial or resource support to small businesses,
- Support economic development initiatives that promote job growth and median wage growth,
- Support education and workforce development initiatives that positively impact Flagler County and specifically call out “flagship” or “Classroom to Careers” in any language that is approved by the Board,
- Support health and wellness initiatives that positively impact Flagler County hospitals and medical professionals.
- Continue to support and fund affordable housing initiatives including SHIP and similar programs.
The Palm Coast-Flagler Regional Chamber’s Governmental Affairs Committee will meet again on Wednesday, December 16, 2020. For more information, email Greg@palmcoastflaglerregionalchamber.com